Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Let me tell you something

I'm happy. And it's not easy.
I'm one of those people that wishes they had a hundred lives to live so they could experience anything and everything there is to experience.
So when I realized I could only have one life, one path, my brain went into denial mode. I dug in my heels against reality. And it made me miserable.
I knew it was my own fault I was unhappy, but I didn't want it to be true.
And then I got pregnant.
And that's never been nor ever will be something I'm willing to take back.
So I prayed and pushed my mind and willed myself to find my thousands of experiences in the path ahead of me. It started out a constant battle, and sometimes I still struggle. But I'm finally happy and excited for what I have in front of me. I have my neurotic dog, a tiny baby (who happens to be refusing to dock at the moment), a charmingly psychotic husband, and an Everest of experiences waiting for me.

1 comment:

  1. Sure can't wait to meet that little girl. Glad to have found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete