Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 19th 2013

Tanner, Hazel and I were sealed as a family in the Salt Lake temple last Saturday. It was beautiful. 

Being four months pregnant with our second, I was feeling fat and record-breakingly cranky all morning, but Tanner cracked three hundred lame jokes, made sure I ate and eventually succeeded in bettering my mood and making me feel lovely. 
Once we made it to the temple that afternoon everything else melted away, and the time we spent in there with our family and close friends was peaceful and happy. Hazel wore the dress my mom wore when she was sealed with her family over 50 years ago. When they brought Hazel into the sealing room and she saw all of the people she loved the most sitting and waiting for her she buried her face in her dress and giggled.

Afterwards we met everyone at Pago for dinner (it was soooo good) and then some of us went bowling. We didn't really care what we were doing, we just wanted to spend time with our families.




It was truly a precious day for us, one that we worked hard and long to get to. 









No comments:

Post a Comment