Tuesday, February 19, 2013

One lovely weekend

Two years ago this Presidents' Day weekend, Tanner and I started dating. We fell so fast, four months later we were married.
Anyway, this past weekend was spent playing with Hazel and hanging out doing nothing with our families. It was wonderful!
We spent Sunday at the Guzy's sitting in front of their fireplace talking about being kids and trying to get Hazel to laugh. On Monday we took the little monster swimming at the Marriott with my parents, grabbed some Thai for lunch, wandered City Creek and then got Kobe burgers at Cheesecake Factory for dinner, with dark chocolate truffles for dessert. Yum.
I've been watching a six-month-old little girl named Lily during the week for the past couple weeks, she's darling and loves playing with Hazel.
Tanner just got a job as the store and social media manager of custom suit company Beckett and Robb in Salt Lake. He's loving every second of it, and I love watching him thrive.
I sliced my finger open trying to pit an underripe avocado- bad news. But since I had already taken my pants off for the day, there was no way I was getting dressed again to go get three stitches. So we took the skin glue and bandaid route. I should have put my pants back on.
I got called as second counselor in the Young Womens presidency, and it's awesome. We only have about five girls, and they're the cutest things I've ever known. Tanner's a Gospel Doctrine teacher and he constantly surprises me with his insight.
This little family unit keeps receiving blessing after blessing, and we are beyond thrilled. Life is truly beautiful, even through tough times. The only thing I'm lacking is blue sky and a hot sun, and even that will come soon enough.











No comments:

Post a Comment